Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Welcome

After much thought, I have decided to debut this blog containing my thoughts on the doings in New England Championship Wrestling and World Women's Wrestling, as well as other wrestling-related topics.

I have missed column writing quite a bit recently and that is thanks to Jim Ross, whose blogs on his J.R.'s Bar-B-Q site are great reading and highly recommended. I don't claim to be in J.R.'s league as a writer, but nonetheless I look forward to sharing my views with you.

I'm happy to tell you that NECW and WWW are both doing very well. The merger between NECW & PWF has created a great promotion with an excellent roster and a dedicated staff. With everyone pulling in the same direction, NECW has accomplished more in the past 8 months than it has in the past several years.

I have always tried to lead NECW by creating innovative vehicles for the talent to shine. These range from signature events like the annual IRON 8 Championship to the Internet television broadcasts that NECW created that have been imitated by promotions around the world.

One of my proudest creations has been World Women's Wrestling. About a year and a half ago, I ran two all women's shows under the NECW banner. Each was part of a "doubleheader" with the men in the afternoon and the women at night. While some of my own staff hated the prospect of a women's promotion, the response was undeniable. The shows draw fans from as far away as Virginia and Canada. Media response has been amazing. DVD sales have been strong. Triple W is the real deal and this is just the beginning.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with, or relatively new to NECW, I encourage you to check out our latest video release: New England Championship Wrestling's Greatest Matches: GATEWAY TO GREATNESS. This is a collection of matches from the first few years of the promotion featuring stars who went on to national fame, as well as great international talent who sought us out in search of exposure in America. Our company has a rich history and this DVD is a great way to relive it. Order it by clicking here. Or check out the trailer.

Next time I'll run down our next NECW live event, Monster's Brawl, taking place Saturday night, October 28 at the National Guard Armory in Quincy, MA.

Thanks for reading!

No comments: